Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Review: Paper Boy

Paper Boy (5 stars)
1351 West Belont
Chicago, IL 60657
http://www.unclefunchicago.com/pboy.html

Paper Boy's website says "we just sell paper" and that is no lie. Every corner, nook, and cranny is covered in paper of some sort. Every time I go in I uncover something new and amazing.

Paper Boy is the type of store that will make you inventory every item stocked to keep in mind for every project to come. Believe me: they will be the first on your shopping list for journaling, invitations, cards, and gifts. I used to think I knew what to look for in a paper store, but after visiting I realized that my standards were sorely lacking. The main criteria? Stocking the giant Moleskine. Let me repeat that: THE GIANT MOLESKINE.

Paper Boy features a full selection of notebooks, address books, cards, and cute stationary. Now, I've been in a lot of stationary stores, and I've seen a lot of the boring light pastel sheets of plain and lifeless note paper. Ya ya, good for formal occasions, but what about the younger crowd? In stock is a large collection of some of the cutest and quirkiest stationary and note paper you can imagine; most of which will make you want to start writing notes just so you have an excuse to use it. There is also one of the largest postcard sections I've ever seen.

Unfortunately their pen selection is very limited, but I was so enthralled with the paper that I didn't even notice.

Scattered about the gluttony of paper are super fun and funky gifts. The best part? CHEAP! This is the place where you go for that friend who has everything. Go in with a strange request: come out with a unique and special gift.

Paper Boy is a must visit in Chicago.

No comments: